Academy Values and Ethos
Our Mission Statement: Friendship and Respect. Learning for Life.
To achieve this, we believe in….
- A safe, caring and stimulating learning environment
- Equality of opportunity for all
- Respect for all individuals, valuing diversity
- Quality teaching and learning
- High expectations of achievement and behaviour
Our academy aims to:
- promote high self esteem through the recognition of individual qualities
- encourage self respect, forgiveness, honesty, confidence, humour and independence
- foster an understanding and appreciation of our multi-cultural society
- realise the intellectual and physical potential of all
- develop enthusiasm, independent thinking and learning
- promote an understanding of spiritual and moral values
- inspire imagination, creativity and a sense of awe and wonder
Our Class Charter
- We all have the right to learn.
- We all have the right to be safe.
- We all have the right to be happy.
We must make sure that we:
- Listen to each other;
- Try our best and persevere;
- Respect everyone’s differences and uniqueness;
- Follow the rules;
- Be kind and respectful.